Accept the Challenge
To Grow in your Faith!
Lay Formation Program
WHAT IS IT?: A two-year faith formation program. Sessions are held one weekend per month, Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, for ten months each year. (There are no sessions in July or August.)
Each month includes input and discussion on a variety of topics, time for individual and community prayer, personal reflection, liturgical preparation, and community activities. Resource personnel are drawn from inside and outside the diocese.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Adult Catholics who are interested in learning more about their faith.
- Those who exercise any form of service within the Catholic community.
- Those who bring a Christian perspective and witness to the workplace and society.
Is this the year you will explore your faith more deeply? There is so much waiting to be discovered! Think about the questions you might ask:
- “WE BELIEVE…” There seems to be a lot of diversity in what people believe today. What are the non-negotiables? Where is there room for legitimate diversity?
- SCRIPTURE: Is there a Catholic way of reading the bible? What makes the bible unique? What are some of the lessons that apply to my life today?
- FOLLOWING JESUS: How radical do we have to be as disciples? What does our faith say about life choices? What does it mean to follow Jesus in this day and age?
- LITURGY AND SACRAMENTS: What is the significance of some of the things we do as Catholics? Why do we do what we do?
- SPIRITUALITY: Sometimes I feel dissatisfied, restless, striving for something more. Is God saying something to me in that? How do I discern God’s will for me?
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Application forms are available through the parish or from the Diocesan Pastoral Centre in Prince George. A letter of recommendation is also required from the pastor/pastoral life director.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Susan Campbell, Director
Lay Formation Program
Diocese of Prince George
Box 7000 (6500 Southridge Avenue)
Prince George, B.C. V2N 3Z2
Telephone: (250) 964-4424
Fax: (250) 964-2101
Lay Formation 2013 Brochure
Lay Formation Application Form
“I appoint you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last.”